Sunday, November 18, 2007

My niyyah ...

My name is Nadia Janjua. I am an artist and an architect. My niyyah for being involved with Green Muslims is to learn more about how to be respectful to the earth, to society, to ourselves and to each other through exploring the concept and reality of sustainability in a holistic manner. Whether it's what we put in our body, what we plant in the ground, a space we create for ourselves, an item we purchase from a store, what we teach our youth, or what we choose to act upon, the events and significance of our everyday lives and actions are incredibly linked to a broader societal and even global reality. I'd like to be able to view the consequences of my actions as they impact the scale of my own life, and the greater scale of global society. I also hope to share this experience and what I learn with other fellow humans inshaAllah.

Peace,
NjArtitecture

No comments: