Some more information on the discussion from last night:
- Here's a link to the Ramadan Compact blog that Sara talked about. Until the next dinner, we challenge you to try the Compact (at least in part, do as much as you can).
- Greater Washington Interfaith Power and Light (GWIPL) works with congregations in the area to help them reduce resource consumption, buy clean & renewable energy, and incorporate energy/environmental justice concerns into teaching and worship. Visit their website to see more examples of their work. Let us know if you're interested in working with GWIPL and your local masjid or other organization.
- If you're looking for a way to make your next trip more than just about seeing the sites and taking pictures, check out Meaningful Travel (Submitted by Terry)
- We've created a google group for the DC Green Muslims. Visit the group page to sign-up.
- Also, make sure to check out the general Green Muslim list, which our local activities grew out of. It was started a couple years ago by students in various fields of environmental study. To subscribe, send an email to green_muslims-subscribe (at) yahoogroups (dot) com.
- Save the date for our next dinner: Friday February 1st!